This is the second part of the conversion sequence that talks about how to convert a passive MC enquiry from a prospective client into an active confirmed booking quickly, easily and efficiently.
Remember from the first part, we covered the initial contact: call your new client handsfree with a notepad from a quiet place. Start by thanking them for their enquiry and ask if they have time for a quick chat. Check the time and date of the event and then confirm your availability.
This next part establishes how much the bride and groom are ready to move ahead and pay the deposit. By the time these Qs below are answered, you’ve got a good idea if they are serious or just tyre kickers.
These are my first questions:
THE WEDDING RECEPTION VENUE AND ITS LOCATION
why did they choose the venue?
what do they like about it?
(This topic is an easy ice-breaker; you can build rapport and connect instantly by talking about the venue and the reasons why they chose it.)
“I have worked at this venue before and its amazing” OR “I haven’t actually worked at this venue before but Ive heard its amazing. Why did you choose the venue?”
google the venue beforehand
- what made them decide to use a pro MC?
- what are you looking for in your MC
- what are their MC expectations?
- have they used or seen a pro MC before?
YOUR OWN PROFILE
- why did you choose you?
- have they viewed your full profile ?
- what did they think of the video (premium members)?
- did they watch the showreel video the whole way through?
- are they looking at other MCs?
- what other MCs have they enquired about?
- what other MCs have they already met with?
- how long have they been looking for a MC?
- what other MCs have they seen in action?
- what other MCs have you worked with before?
DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
- what other professionals have they already booked eg event company / photographer / band?
- what plans do they already have for their event?
- is there a runsheet already started?
- do they have any overseas guests arriving? (if yes and you know the language, offer to do a Welcome)
- how much English do you want me to speak?
- will the script be supplied?
- will the function be videoed?
TRAVEL AND ACCOMODATION
Obviously this is a consideration if the event is interstate or overseas. I believe its best to get the client to organise and pay for all your travel costs themselves.
DECISION ABOUT THE MC
- are they aware of your fee?
- are they ready to make a decision n=this week?
- what date do they need to make decision by?
- do they understand that there is a deposit with the remainder paid at the final meeting?